Passenger Focused Airport Services
If you are interested in this position,
email your resume to email@example.com
with the email subject titled: Custodian
Custodian Job Description
Under direct supervision, performs custodial/janitorial duties in the terminal building to include the immediate surrounding grounds. Employee keeps buildings in clean and orderly condition. Employee cleans offices, halls, bathrooms and public and employee spaces. Employee performs light, medium and heavy janitorial and custodial services in and outside of public areas or buildings as assigned. Employee performs routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs. Employee must abide by safety procedures.
Employee has daily contact with the public requiring tact, courtesy and diplomacy.
* EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE is key to this positon. Willingness to ALWAYS provide the highest level of customer service and interaction is a requirement of this position.
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Cleans building floors by sweeping, moping, scrubbing, waxing and polishing them
2. Gathers and empties trash.
3. Services, cleans and supplies restrooms.
4. Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
5. Cleans windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
6. Dusts furniture, walls, machines and equipment.
7. Makes adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
8. Replaces light bulbs, makes simple repairs on building, furniture and equipment.
9. Mixes water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
10. Steam-Cleans or shampoos carpets.
11. Strips, seals, finish, and polish floors.
12. Subject to emergency on call (waiting to be engaged).
13. Assists other personnel in his/her department whenever necessary.
14. Maintains cleaning supplies and equipment.
15. Perform other duties as directed.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
1. Performs other related assignments as assigned including working evening and/or weekends.
2. Assists in moving heavy objects.
3. May paint shelves, walls, etc., maintain the grounds around the building, and perform other general maintenance work of “handy person” nature.
1. Job requires an accredited high school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Must be able to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications.
3. Must know how to properly use and dispose of chemical solutions.
4. Must have static strength, manual dexterity and coordination to perform general physical activities.
5. Must use good judgment and exercise safety procedures.
6. Must maintain a responsible demeanor and a helpful manner.
7. Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and a good driving record.
8. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances required to work at an airport.