Passenger Focused Airport Services
If you are interested in this position,
email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the email subject titled: Operational/Security Specialist
Operational/Security Specialist Job Description
Under general supervision, responsible for all South Terminal dispatch services, work order entries, security system management, CCTV management, escort management and emergency response.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
* EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE is key to this positon. Willingness to ALWAYS provide the highest level of customer service and interaction is a requirement of this position. Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Answer emergency and non-emergency phone calls, determine nature of request and take messages when necessary. Initiate, enter and update Emergency Notification System during emergency and non-emergency situations.
2. Initiate, enter and update calls for service for Police, Emergency Medical Service, Fire and Operations Security into Computer Aided Dispatch Computer System.
3. Provide customer service to Austin South Terminal Employees, other governmental agencies and tenants by performing duties such as providing information verbally or using communication devices.
4. Operate and monitor fire alarm system for South Terminal facility. Prepare chronological data to assist employer, LoneStar Airport Holdings, Transportation Security Administration, Police, Fire and EMS with their reports. Monitor security/emergency equipment/systems and closed circuit television monitors; Report breaches of security to appropriate personnel.
5. Enter and dispatch work order service requests for all maintenance divisions at Austin South Terminal.
6. Record data to appropriate forms/logs. Search for data on multi-application computer systems
7. Operate/monitor multi-channel radio, audio/video, multi-agency and multi-jurisdictional alpha paging systems.
8. Coordinate inter-departmental operations during emergency situations; Coordinate internal and multi-agency joint response.
9. Coordinate the opening and closing of the South Terminal (or portions of it) based upon direction, conditions, safety factors and emergencies.
10. Coordinate Investigations with other law enforcement entities, employer, LoneStar Airport Holdings, and Department of Aviation through CCTV management and SecuritySystem management.
11. Operate over head paging throughout the terminal and external buildings.
12. Inspects facilities and ensures safe operating conditions via closed circuit television monitors.
13. Perform other duties as directed.
Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
* May perform training and guidance to others
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
* Knowledge of airport operations.
* Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws.
* Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedure.
* Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
* Knowledge of policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data and property.
* Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principles.
* Skill in oral and written communications.
* Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
* Skill in using computers and related security software.
* Skill in planning and organizing.
* Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular events.
* Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priority.
* Ability to stay informed of airport operational and security issues.
* Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public
* Ability to train others
* Graduation from High School or GED.
* Preferred Two (2) years PBX or Emergency (law enforcement, transportation security administration, emergency medical, fire department or military) call taking or dispatching, or operating a 2-way or multi-channel radio.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
* Valid Texas Class C Drivers License.
* Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances required to work at an airport.