Passenger Focused Airport Services
If you are interested in this position,
email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the email subject titled: Shuttle Bus Operator
Shuttle Bus Operator Job Description
Under general supervision, safely transports passengers inside and outside the city limits to Activity Centers, appointments, and special events, including both one-day field trips and overnight out of town trips.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE is key to this position. Willingness to
ALWAYS provide the highest level of customer service and interaction is a
requirement of this position. Essential duties and functions, pursuant
to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following.
Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Conducts pre-and post-inspection of vehicles, performs minor maintenance and reports and schedules vehicle maintenance as needed and maintains vehicle records.
2. Maintains vehicle records.
3. Drives passenger vehicles to transport individuals with potentially diverse backgrounds and physical abilities to and from South Terminal to South Terminal Parking lot(s).
4. Assists passengers including people with special needs safely into or out of the vehicle.
5. Performs routine administrative tasks such as copying, transporting mail, filling out forms, and preparing reports.
6. Picks up vehicle parts, returns parts for credit and takes parts back to the vendor.
7. Provides briefings and answers customer questions about services provided.
8. Adheres to safety guidelines, laws, and regulations regarding operation of assigned vehicles.
9. Transports vehicles to and from vendor locations, refuels vehicles and assists service center with cleaning up the shop for a fleet operations.
10. Assists customers with flat tires, dead batteries, locked keys, etc. Coordinates with service/repair companies as directed.
11. Identifies and reports suspicious persons and/or special needs requests to OPSEC.
12. Performs other duties as requested.
Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
* Knowledge of routine vehicle maintenance.
* Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
* Knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws.
* Knowledge of city practice, policy and ordinances.
* Skill in oral and written communication.
* Ability to perform routine administrative tasks.
* Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
* Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
* Graduation from High School or equivalent plus one (1) year of work experience, six (6) months of which were spend operating vehicles to transport passengers, or equipment.
* Combination of equivalent Experience and Education may substitute for the minimum qualifications.
* Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances required to work at an airport.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
Current Texas Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator License appropriate for vehicle(s) operated.